There were a few warning signs along the way, but the picture looked sooooo good that I couldn’t resist. “I could translate from Polish,” I thought to myself. Many of the words looked similar to Russian and when I checked with google translator that my guesses for what the recipe required matched with dictionary, I figured the rest would be a breeze. After all I have to use my linguist degree somehow. Then came the gram conversion into cups, and that too seemed to go along smoothly, although I did question some of the portions. When I had way too much cream I suspected again that there are chances that this might not work out, but I decided to proceed with the recipe anyway. My hopes were still high, until . . . well until I pulled it out of the oven. “It could still taste good even though it didn’t look good,” but that too confirmed the fact that just maybe I should stick to recipes in ENGLISH!!!! Baking disasters happen, thankfully not too often for me, but it would be really nice if this happened some other day and not the day I have people over to my house for a game night! I hope most of them have other plans and I hope the rest will be just fine with my creme brulee version of peach mascarpone cake! You are welcome to drop by some dessert at my house, just in case you have any extra! Until next time.